Moving from another host?
We know how confusing it can be moving. Our HPN support team is committed to making it easy to transfer your site to your new hosting account. We can transfer website files, databases and scripts. We provide free transfers for new accounts within 30 days of sign-up.
In the event you prefer to do everything yourself, here is a checklist to follow.
Checklist for Moving:
- Sign up for one of our hosting packages on our web site. If you’re not sure which package is best for you, call us toll free at 888-554-6660 Ext. 2. One of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you choose.
- Download your files from your current host to your computer. Be sure to create a backup just in case.
- Upon receipt of payment your domain will automatically be set up on our servers. Shortly thereafter, you will receive an email with all applicable technical details.
- Upon receipt of our email, you may FTP your website to the new hosting account via the IP address. You will be able to check that it works as expected by typing the IP address into the browser instead of your domain name.
- Login to your account with your domain registrant and change the nameservers over to HPN. If you bought your domain from your current hosting company then you may have to ask them to do it.
Our nameservers are as follows:
Primary: NS1.HOSTINGPLUSNETWORKS.COM – 22.214.171.124
Secondary: NS2.HOSTINGPLUSNETWORKS.COM – 126.96.36.199
It normally takes 24 – 48 hours for the nameservers to update. Once they do your website will automatically be served up.
You may cancel your old hosting account once the nameservers have updated. An easy way to tell if your domain registration has updated is to make a slight change on the old website. Once you don’t see the change, then you know it has switched over and you can cancel your old account.